Sunday, February 19, 2012

Crisscross


I cross this strait,
once a day now.
Once upon... a life time ago;
it seemed like life, twice over,
the rush to find my space,
but the calling 
was never heard,
now or even then.

Morning, it was then,
the push for a young heart;
it is in repeat now,
but just half a tread at a time
for this another man in me,
noon it is now.

None to watch my back,
the burn spreads there;
sweat trickle and tickle
down the neck till it
becomes an itch
that drives me further,
a li'l farther, down that path
of no return...
Where I will lose the 
original sin in me to age;
and the will in me 
to the measured
words of an editor,
out of control, out at large!



2 comments:

Quirina said...

This is an amazing poem, Leslie. The imagery, the metaphor, the sensory experience of a point of no return. One of the best poems of yours that I have read.

Thought-Les said...

thank you Quirina, i guess i have to be at home to write better :-) closer to love closer to the source of love. im deputed to my home town for a few days you see...