Saturday, December 24, 2016

Ode to Jackie!

He turned to me,
and I saw eternity
sparkle from the 
jaded eyes.

My dog, 
he is old now...

He looks up with fear,
his twilight n my shadow 
he loved to growl at,
occasionally smile at, too.

My dog,
he limps now...

The longing remains,
in his eyes,
he wags nervously,
lest I bring love.

My dog,
he loves to be patted, still...

But, I crave his anger,
his young arrogant growl;
he has never bitten my bait,
can never ever, now.

For he is old now,
my dog, Oh god!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You really loved and were attached to Thy Jackie dear...
Time...Sometimes Stupid Time

Thought-Les said...

Yes Deeso. Time can be harsh. And we all will reach the stage Jackie is now. I look back to simpler days now that I am in kochi... When I hear the waves crash I think of the days when I was as happy as bustling as the waves. Then again, time changes the tides and I have ended up being far away from the sea as well as many things I hold dear. But life has to go on