Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Foetal Curl!


The wake up call,
from age-old morning tweets.
Yes, the chirp choir,
not the bird-brains,
in wifi networks.
Earth's mother here, still!

But I ain't ready
to begin my day.
The soft cushions
and December chill,
keep me home, near her;
my mom; she's still in bed.

A good morning gets better,
as twenty nine years of poison
by corrupt electromagnetism,
becomes null and void,
under her grace,
as I snuggle into the foetal curl.

Her perfume from the heavens,
a mix of manna and love.
The lullaby all so familiar,
beat from the heart of gold.
Safe and sound I doze,
back to the womb, this morning.
(by my mother's side)

6 comments:

Valsala Menon said...

yes.. you said it.. felt nostalgic.. for what i never ever had....

Valsala Menon said...

yes.. you said it.. felt nostalgic.. for what i never ever had....

Merin Jose said...

This is simply superb!!Each line carries with it the aura of beauty..weaving layers of meanings..good work..

Thought-Les said...

thanks merin... Had read your blog too. u should write more often.. :-)

Silent Whisperer said...

Ur lines brought tears to my eyes…a rush of memories I had of the days when my lil one was inside and how he refused to come out of his comfort zone. He was literally taken out of his cosiness through a c-section...keep writing for ur words are charged with thoughts…

Thought-Les said...

thanks jeena :-)