Wednesday, January 06, 2021

The Winter Morning Rain

The dark ​corridor,
​which connects the ​bed near sunset
and the well​-​lit Christmas tree​ ​at Sunrise,
​is my library.​

​The half-read books ​reek of arrogance,
​today they ​exude the scent of rain,
winter rain,
​whose drops tease​ ​me
at the window,
​urge me ​to play musical chairs...

If only I was my daughter,
​or I were my father,​
I would oblige​.
I am neither old, nor young,
just perfect to be
trapped amongst dusty books,
uncertain at sunset,
jittery about sunrise.
-- Leslie


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Leslie, you are gifted with the ability to read the other person's mind.I think many of us experience the same at least once in life time. Great. I enjoyed.

Lohya's said...

Touching ❤️ imagery bro!
Well written!
Keep it up!

Thought-Les said...

Thank you "unknown"

Thought-Les said...

Thank you Pramod. You have always appreciated my poems. Cheers mate